[NBLUG/talk] Cheap Virtual Private Servers

Ed Rogers ed at rogersecommerce.com
Mon Jun 20 20:17:21 PDT 2011

I just finished scouring around for the best and cheapest. I needed 3
and wanted them widely spaced apart, hosted by different companies,
under $20/mo, and with at least 500M of ram. I settled for

serveraxis.com in Chicago $15

evorack.com in London $18

quantact.com in Santa Rosa (one of the 3 great world cities) $15

I should say that I elected to stay with quantact, but didn't get such
a good deal from them (had to settle for less RAM), and that of the
three, serveraxis seems to have its shit together the best way. Note
that it monitors bandwidth, so the base $15 will go up if your clients
have popular websites.

If your budget permits, I spent about a year with linode.com, and was
really impressed by them, but was paying about $30, too high for me.

Stay away from vpsnoc.com. Impressive website, but I think they are
out of business, though their payment gateway sure works. Am going to
charge back what they put on my visa.

Ed