[NBLUG/talk] USB ethernet adapter for Dell Optiplex 745?

Mr. Jan Hearthstone hearthstone11 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 14:51:19 PDT 2013

I am having problems connecting with Ethernet on Dell Optiplex 745 (onboard Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5754 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express) that Allan Cecil gave me--the light is steady amber when box plugged in, and stays so always. According to Internet search that might be common problem for Linux.

Allan Cecil suggested USB ethernet adapters--I know nothing of those; would you, please give me some intelligence on this?

I installed Mepis AntiX on the machine ...

Thank you, Hearthstone.

---
"Designing the Earth Anew Together"
The book: http://tinyurl.com/knj2w3d
Free e-book: http://www.modelearth.org/5-5x8-5-toc-start-and-text-ebook-kindle-exper.pdf

Ecologically and Socially Sustainable Education:
Creating a Sustainable World.
http://www.modelearth.org/ecosocsused.html

If we, the people, were really sincere about having real Peace in the world,
we would pursue creating Peace by peaceful means more actively rather
than by relying on our military might!