[NBLUG/talk] Encryption Issues

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Tue Aug 20 11:50:59 PDT 2013

On 07/12/2013 04:51 PM, E Frank Ball III wrote:
 > Has anybody bought a "Chrome Book" and put "real" GNU/Linux on it?

I've got two Chromeboxes, with the i5 chip from Google I/O that I've
picked up on Craigslist.  One has been upgraded with a 64GB SSD and
Ubuntu, the other is currently stock (well, it's apart, with a PCIe SATA
card in it...).  One will eventually be my behind the firewall server,
and the other a DMZ server (web, email-relay, etc).  You can even build
your own bios and install it if you're brave/stupid enough :-)

I've been interested in the ARM Chromebook, but have way too many
computers lying around at this point...

Robert