[NBLUG/talk] BTC got pumped and dumped harder than any coin yet

Zack Gold zack at nblug.org
Sat Dec 7 10:36:36 PST 2013

My opinion is that crypto-currency is in its infancy and what we're
experiencing is an idea 'growing up', and seeing what happens when it
matures. It seems to be very unstable, at the moment, and the future is
very uncertain. Though, if I had some 'pocket change' lying around I would
invest a minimal amount out of curiosity.

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Michael Tucker <mchltckr80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Now that we have seen Bitcoin get manipulated all the way up to and above
> $1300USD, should the crypto-currency guru's think about building a little
> redundancy into the equation to protect the future of peer-2-peer currency?
> LTC has been referred to as a pump and dump by more people than BTC,
> however; now I am beginning to hear those who have money talk about it
> being a ponzi scheme. As if the american dollar doesn't have a pyramid on
> it and the stock market is never manipulated. Wether it is fontas, or the
> banking industry manipulating crypto-currency right now, it needs to self
> regulate in order to prevent the cronies on capitol hill from taking it and
> making it their ......  As these coins are developed off of open source
> code and a transparent process,  if and/or when they fail they will effect
> the open source movement as a whole. I believe this is a good topic of
> discussion for NBLUG and would like to extend you an invitation to post
> your praise or critique of crypto-currency through a response to this post.
>
> Thank you,
> Michael

Zack Gold
Former NBLUG Scribe