[NBLUG/talk] Request for info on video cams for protection against burglary

Roger House rhouse at sonic.net
Thu Jul 25 11:54:57 PDT 2013

My neighbor's home was burglarized yesterday.  He's the third or fourth
burglary victim in our semi-rural area in the last month or so.  The
burglars seem to be fairly professional, using sophisticated equipment
to go right through deadbolts.  They also shut the power off to my
neighbor's house, presumably to defeat any alarm system.  Needless to
say, this has got me worried.

So, I've been thinking about video cams.  I saw a sign recently on a
nearby road with a happy face on it saying "Smile, you're on camera."
I've been composing a similar sign saying something like, "If you can
read this, your face is already on the Internet."  But, I'd like to back
it up with something real.  I know next to nothing about video cams, so
I'm requesting ideas and recommendations.

Roger House