[NBLUG/talk] IT Ops position at Artemis Internet, Inc.

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Jun 11 11:05:45 PDT 2013

Hi NBLUG,

I have a job opening for a mid-level IT Ops position working with me at
Artemis Internet, Inc. While there is a large desktop support component in
the job with Windows and Macs, there's also a great opportunity to grow
into more Linux server management, particularly in the corporate office.

I'm going to be at the meeting tonight to talk about it in more detail so
if you are coming feel free to just ask me questions in person (otherwise
you can email me directly if you want). In any case here's the job

Artemis is looking for a mid-level IT Ops person to bootstrap our corporate
IT systems and processes as we scale up the size of organization. This
isn't your traditional enterprise (no AD!) so we are looking for someone as
comfortable with managing cloud services like Google Apps and Box as they
are configuring a Macbook and field stripping a Thinkpad. The right
candidate loves technology and the opportunity to learn new things and we
have plenty of both.

While initially the job will focus on developing consistent processes to
help us as we hire, you will also be working closely with the Systems
Engineering team as we expand our DevOps and corporate infrastructure. This
position offers a great learning opportunity for the right candidate
interested in security, Puppet, DevOps, Amazon Web Services, and general
Linux administration and could be a great starting off point for a career
in Linux systems administration.

Requirements:

* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Desktop support experience with Windows and Mac OS
* Familiarity with Google Apps
* Linux server experience
* A strong intuition for best practices and security fundamentals

--
Kyle Rankin
The North Bay Linux Users' Group
kyle at nblug.org