[NBLUG/talk] Dan Labelle's invitation is awaiting your response

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:31:47 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM, irish.masms <irish.masms at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/5/13 3:25 AM, Dan Labelle (LinkedIn Invitations) wrote:
> [snipped]
>
> Wow, that be some fail...

I don't know if this is still the case, but LinkedIn has (or at least
used to have) a "feature" where if you provide your GMail username and
password, it will scan your GMail contacts and find anyone you know
who is already registered, so that you can more easily connect with
them.  What they don't tell you is that they'll automatically send
invitations to anyone in your contacts who isn't already a member,
without asking you first.

My guess is that that's what happened here.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>