[NBLUG/talk] Need help with Debian

Andrew argonaut at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 20:18:27 PDT 2013

E Frank Ball III wrote on Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:28:30 -0700:

> Marcus,
>
> I don't have any scripts for you, but a few tips.
[snip a bunch of tips]

Good stuff, Frank. Thanks.

Marcus, you might want to have a look at antiX. It's a distro
that's based on Debian and aimed at older computers.
http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

  "At the moment antiX-13 'Luddite' comes as a full distro
  (c690MB), a base distro (c400MB) and a core distro (c135MB)
  for 32 bit and 64 bit computers. For those who wish to have
  total control over the install, use antiX-core and build up."

I've never been able to figure out if the name is pronounced
like "anti X" or like the word "antics".

I'll reiterate what Frank said: use Ethernet for the install and
deal with WiFi setup later.

Good luck!

A.