[NBLUG/talk] ASN.1 / BER

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Fri May 3 14:13:44 PDT 2013

Just had some ah ha moments. I think I'm closer. Looks like this protocol just sends nameless data. The data is defined, but could be anything. Here's a one byte integer, now a 17 character text string followed by three more one byte integers. Seems great so long as both sides know what their sending and receiving but it leads me to wonder why bother naming the data that you encrypt. I guess it does aid you in remembering what it is, but it implies that the name will continue on with it.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)