[NBLUG/talk] a problem with audio noise

Mitch Patenaude patenaude at gmail.com
Thu May 30 16:22:07 PDT 2013

Another thing to keep in mind: Electrolytic capacitors are polarized.  They
need to be hooked up in the right way.  There will be one leg labeled minus
(-), and that leg needs to be hooked up to ground, and the other to the +5
line.  If you get it backwards, you may cause the capacitor to "vent" (i.e.
blow up).

  -- Mitch