[NBLUG/talk] theft deterrent / security system

jezra jezra at jezra.net
Mon Nov 11 08:53:21 PST 2013

After spending the weekend dealing with a robbery on some remote
property, it would appear that I need to make a some sort of system to
either scare off would be thieves, or record the actions of said
thieves so that I have evidence to show the sheriff.

The property has power, and plenty of sunlight, but there is almost no
outside communication: no internet or mobile service available.

Currently, I'm considering a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone with a motion
detector and USB camera to record images and video when motion is
detected.

Does anyone have thoughts on other possible security configurations?

Jezra

Web: http://www.jezra.net
Coffee: http://coffee.jezra.net