[NBLUG/talk] Which Linux distribution do you use and why?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Tue Nov 19 15:08:24 PST 2013

On 11/17/2013 4:43 PM, Dan HODUL wrote:
> I had Ubuntu on my ASUS Eee netbook, and I couldn't figure out why it
> wasn't "shaking hands" with my wireless router.   I took it in to a
> friends' shop, and they put this horrible Android OS on it, which
> seems like my netbook now has a telephone OS....I have a portable disc
> burner/ drive, so I should be able to order a disc from Ubuntu,  wipe
> Android and re-install Ubuntu, right?

Dan,

Give this link a look.  USB key is key....  I did something like this
when I installed Ubuntu on mine.  Any key drive version of Ubuntu will
get you started.  Once installed you can work it from there.....
remember you do have a wired NIC in the eeePC.

http://gobitech.blogspot.com/2011/06/install-ubuntu-1104-on-asus-eee-pc-701.html