[NBLUG/talk] Installation problem

Alan Bloom n1al at sonic.net
Sun Oct 6 22:53:18 PDT 2013

Thanks Michael,

That worked.  I was able to boot from the thumb drive.

However I can't seem to get the Install program to work.  After
selecting the English language I see a screen that says that I do have
the required 4.4 GB of disc space but do not have Internet connectivity
(no doubt since there is no driver for the LAN card).

But I proceeded anyway and chose "Something Else" for the Installation
Type.  Then I tried all different combinations of settings in the next
menu, but every time I try to actually install onto /dev/sda5 I always
get an error message:

    No root file system is defined.
    Please correct this from the partitioning menu.

I never saw a "partitioning menu" or a place to define a root file system.

Alan