[NBLUG/talk] Anyone familiar/successful with Canon D530 laser under linux?

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu Jan 23 10:30:41 PST 2014

I was a long time HP Laser printer user, mainly for two reasons, one the
older HPs were rock solid and two I was certified to repair them for years,
so I pretty much knew my way inside and out of any HP printer.  :)  I won't
touch inkjet because the fact that ink expires, and the printers know it
now adays, so even if the ink is still good the printer knows the
expiration date and stops printing.  Such a total scam

Anyways, to my point..I found that I was in need of a new laser printer and
I gave Brother a try, and I have been quite happy with that, worked right
out of the box on my linux system.   I got one withe a duplexer, color and
wireless for  around $200 or $300 (can't remember) and it has been working
perfectly for me.  I actually gave my old HP away, because it worked fine
and still had at least 1000 prints left on the toner.

Doing a search on amazon for "brother wireless multifunction laser printer"
pulls up a whole slew of MFP, I would feel comfy with any of those..
Brother printers seem to be making a good name of them selves lately.

-S