[NBLUG/talk] The Poetterisation of GNU/Linux

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Wed Jan 29 10:13:45 PST 2014

I note that while there is merit to some of his arguments, he
contradicts himself by saying the developers are making arbitrary
decisions without user input, then accuses them of pandering to
ex-Windows users..  So are they ignoring users, or pandering to them?

The author's comments remind me of the days of when AOL users started
flooding the internet.  There were many frustrated people, that what
they perceived as their domain was being taken over by "the great
un-washed".

Honestly, there's a lot of corollaries across society for this, but
probably too much to go into here.  Might make an interesting essay, though.

- Chris