[NBLUG/talk] State of the LUG (Talk post for discussion)

Matt Hardwick matthew.hardwick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:52:32 PST 2014

Hi All,

I live in the East Bay nowadays, but I do know of a few resources you may
be able to pull from. Mr. Poole mentioned both the local HAM groups, and
Hacker/Maker spaces.

I am a member of SRCA (one of the local active HAM groups) (
http://sonomacountyradioamateurs.com ), and know the founders of Chimera
Art & Maker Space ( http://chimeraarts.org/ ) which is located in
Sebastopol. Worth talking to both groups founders/boards.

You may also want to reach out to the SSU Computer Science Club (I was VP
last year). Also, reach out to SRJC. I am not sure the state of the club at
SRJC since Zack Gold is no longer there, but I can get you in contact with
a teacher or two.

It may be worth reaching out to Josh Simmons at O'Reilly. He is a new
Programming Community Organizer. He has lots of contacts with other local
groups which may be worth reaching out too, such as the WIMPS (
http://beawimp.org/ )

I agree though, outreach is key on both the speaker circuit and member
circuit.

Matt