[NBLUG/talk] [NBLUG/Announce] State of the LUG

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Tue Mar 4 15:32:36 PST 2014

Thanks, I enjoyed reading the update. I'm only subscribed to the announce
list now since I live so far away, but happy to read that there's fresh
blood amongst the officers and board.

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 10:55:59PM -0800, Allan Cecil wrote:

> IRC channel: NBLUG has an IRC channel at #nblug on the Freenode network
> (chat.freenode.net).  My own logs seem to indicate that chat volume
> dipped to its lowest levels early last year when conversations happened
> less than once a week, but activity has increased substantially in the
> last few months.  As of 2014 there are usually 10 nicks logged in to the
> channel at any given time, and there has been active conversation most
> days in the past few weeks.  It should be noted that these statistics are
> somewhat anecdotal in the absence of reliable logs; at one point a
> webpage of statistics existed but I have been unable to locate it.

The stats you speak of were probably the ones I used to generate with pisg.
Here, I resurrected them:

https://zenux.net/nblug/irc/

If you're interested, I can send you the scripts and config, along with my
almost complete #nblug chat log which runs from:
Wed Jun 11 02:18:36 2003
until
Wed Feb 15 22:36:00 2012

Wow, I'm old.