[NBLUG/talk] spill into laptop ...

Bruce Schadel schadel at sonic.net
Wed Sep 3 19:36:23 PDT 2014

I expect the acetone has evaporated by now. Sniff to determine.
Plastic parts (e.g. keys) may have been damaged, but if the lappy
still works I wouldn't expect any long-term issues. Acetone is a
powerful solvent, but not corrosive (acid or base) AFAIK, so I doubt
that the mishap will have planted a time bomb. I suppose the other
ingredients might leave some residue, and rinsing with isopropanol
(rubbing alcohol) might remove it, but I'd leave it alone if it works..

Acetone is volatile and highly flammable and rates a big yellow
warning label in an industrial setting. It also de-fats the skin and
probably ought to be banned for cosmetics use.

-b-