[NBLUG/talk] Hosts file and spam filtering

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Wed Apr 22 11:20:09 PDT 2015

Thanks Robert.  It works with getent.  I added the entry and I'll see if
it works.  What I really need is an app that checks gethostbyname() or
the newer getaddrinfo() which I think postfix uses.  I think I'll create
a simple one when I have the time.

One would think that white listing something like this would be easy in
Postfix, but as far as I can tell it's not.  One problem is that white
list parameters for ip addresses are way too broad.  I'd have to let
that ip address relay email if I used it.  The other problem is the
order of tests.  I believe that the reverse client check takes place
before other white listing features, so it will block before it gets a
chance to whitelist.  Like I said, I have  a milter that can do these
checks.  I think that's what I'm going to have to rely on in the future.

Thanks,

Omar