[NBLUG/talk] Are all SEO and social networking builders scams?

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Thu Mar 5 14:30:50 PST 2015

I guess this is marginally related to Linux since it's all running on
LInux essentially.  I got a spam email today that said it would
guarantee 2,000 Twitter followers or your money back.  Are there
legitimate techniques for building such followings or do they use
non-legitimate means like shill followers?  I suppose shill followers
would boost your ego as well as make it appear that you're more
interesting than you are.

Same for SEO in general.  The main issue for SEO as far as I can tell
are back-links.  Are there shill back-link sites?  I suppose search
engines would be wise to them.  Any legitimate SEO techniques?

Thanks,

Omar