[NBLUG/talk] OT: TASBot at SGDQ 2016 charity marathon

Allan Cecil ac at sonic.net
Sat Jul 9 07:51:57 PDT 2016

OT, and sorry in advance for the rare HTML formatted E-Mail which might get mangled: As you may know, I regularly participate in a charity event named Games Done Quick <http://gamesdonequick.com> at http://gamesdonequick.com, a week-long marathon event where video game players play games as quickly as possible while 100k+ live streaming viewers watch and donate for raffle prizes and incentives.  During SGDQ 2016 <http://tasvideos.org/GamesDoneQuick/SGDQ2016.html> benefiting Doctors Without Borders <https://doctorswithoutborders.org/> at around 1:30 PM PST today <https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule> I will show TASBot <http://tasvideos.org/TASBot.html> beating four Super Mario Bros. games simultaneously with the same input along with other never seen shenanigans.

If you want to know who TASBot <https://twitter.com/mrtasbot> is, you can see more about him on TWiT's The New Screen Savers <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YDO5YJje4&t=30m47s> episode 60 with Leo Laporte from last week.  I will also be presenting with TASBot at DEF CON 24 <https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-index.html> on August 5th <https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-speakers.html#Cecil> on how hacking video games can be a fun way to learn security research and penetration testing techniques.  Finally, TASBot now has his own T-Shirt <http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq/detail.php?itemid=SGDQ16-TasBot> designed by @AngeAlbertini <https://twitter.com/angealbertini>, available for only 24 more hours from theyetee.com with $3 from every shirt going directly to Doctors Without Borders <https://doctorswithoutborders.org/>!

Thanks to everyone who has supported my past efforts, I've been able to help raise over $190k in donations to charity and I hope to add another $50k to that total today.  I appreciate the help and I hope you can join the fun.  Thanks,

A.C.
******