[NBLUG/talk] How do you handle physical device passwords?

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Mon May 8 12:37:09 PDT 2017

On 05/08/2017 12:12 PM, Allan Cecil wrote:

> Is anyone using non-password methods for device security?  If so, I'd love to know how it is working out for you and if you feel less or more secure going that path.

Not exactly "non-password method", but as I've mentioned before I carry
around a Palm Pilot with most of my truly sensitive information in it.
It is always on my person. I've developed a kinship with it that, if
it's not in my pocket, and not in my hand, it's usually within eyesight
or I'm looking for it. It has no connection to the outside world. Well,
it used to - but I physically removed the Wi-Fi daughterboard.  This, of
course is in addition to, using password security + encrypted storage.
But I feel my device access password can be decreased dramatically
because of the above factors.

IMHO there's nothing like a truly disconnected device in today's world.

- Jordan