Power Switch

ME dugan at libwais.sonoma.edu
Mon Feb 14 11:29:44 PST 2000

Sorry,

I made a horrible mistake:

I did not read the whole questions and made an assumption.

I do recall seeing something about using the extra keys on keyboards for
things like soft shutdown etc. but two separate setups had to be included:
1 for console key sequences
1 for X based key sequences

If the keys generate a key code, it should be possible to map execution of
a script, or trigger a shutdown.

I do not know, off hand, where you would find documentation on this, but
would expect it is not only possible but used by others.

Please ignore my previous post to this list. I made an incorrect
assumption and should be bludgeoned for my insolence.

-ME