DSL logs

E Frank Ball frankb at sr.hp.com
Wed Jan 26 11:15:21 PST 2000

}
} Port 113 is identd,  This is a daemon that runs on your box that identifies
} the user.. IRC servers use it alot and the mail server uses it.  Not really
} anything to worry about.
}
} -Steve

Thanks,  I remember now that I had turned off so much stuff that I
looked in inetd.conf and all that was left was auth and swat.  So I
figured I'd just shut down the whole thing and see what happened.
As long as sonic doesn't mind the refusals to mail.sonic.net I guess
it's ok.  What's swat anyway?

   E Frank Ball           frankb at efball.com
   work: (707) 794-4168   home: (707) 538-3693