newbie stupid questions..

mitch utsey mutsey at redsword.com
Sat Jan 22 02:29:28 PST 2000

Howdy!

	I was just given a pentium 100 box with a 650mg hard drive, and no
cdrom. Are there versions of linux around that I can use just through
the floppy? Is it worth bothering with?

	I ask because I am flat broke, and the muttonhead I got the box from
did a format to the c drive (newbie I may be, but I will not be
formatting my drives without a good reason...). Of course, this means
that there is no os on the box, and I wanted to try linux out (if I
could find a way to do it with floppies...)

	Suggestions? Comments? Catcalls?
--

-Mitch Utsey

"It astonishes me to find... [that so many] of our
 countrymen... should be contented to live under a
 system which leaves to their governors the power
 of taking from them the trial by jury in civil cases,
 freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom
 of commerce, the habeas corpus laws, and of yoking
 them with a standing army. This is a degeneracy in
 the principles of liberty... which I [would not have
     expected for at least] four centuries."
 --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1788. (*) FE 5:3