telnet question

David Johnson dgj-dave at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 19 15:19:08 PDT 2000

Hi All,
    Ive got a redhat linux box setup here running 6.1 running smb &
apache ive been troubleshooting a problem with my telnet access and
would like some suggestions from you all.

As it sits now I am unable to connect to port 23 with any telnet program
and I dont believe its related to my rc.firewall script or identd.conf
everything looks good from that point. can anyone tell me exactly what
services need to be running in order for TELNET to accept connections?
Or possibly what I could check for to rule out a complete reinstall..??
thx David Johnson