About the 2 macs and 1 linux on a LAN

Colin Marquardt colin.marquardt at usa.alcatel.com
Wed Jul 19 10:57:07 PDT 2000

* John F Kohler <jkohler2 at earthlink.net> writes:

> Colin Marquardt wrote:
>> In any case, I think we would all save a lot of time if someone would
>> just come over to you for half an hour to fix the problem.  I would
[...]
>> where do you live?)

> Daly City,

Oh. This is really too far to just come over... :-(

Hmm. It looks like you have the module (tulip) successfully
loaded. Unfortunately I don't really know how to go from there.

... ifconfig still doesn't show eth0?

Is `dmesg' giving you information about the network/module?

If not, try `tail -40 /var/log/messages | more' (that number says how
many lines you want to see, counted from the *end* of the file, so
you might want to change it a bit to pick out the info, but 40 should
be enough). It could give information about the loading of the module.

[sorry if somebody already asked for that information, I haven't
followed the thread too closely]

Colin