About the 2 macs and 1 linux on a LAN

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Jul 17 13:39:25 PDT 2000

} Thanks,  there is a lot of information to absorb here.
} I am particularly grateful for your discussion of the "root" level
} versus the "user" level of operations. I admit being vague on the
} notions, other than being sure about the power of root.
} John

Fix your path for both root and the regular user.  In the long run
things will be a easier.

Edit .bash_profile (in the home directory for both root and the normal
user) and find where the PATH is set.  Add the sbin paths:

PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin
export PATH

If there isn't anything, then just add what I put above.

Log out and back in for it to take effect.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com