List Policy (was Re: [Fwd: Re: april 17 meeting- SoftTECH Telecom SIG])

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Apr 10 14:45:34 PDT 2001

Hey Paul.

Yeah, I'd say that this probably wasn't the best forward for this list...at
least, not in the fashion that it was forwarded.  If there would have been
some verbage (by yourself) at the top stating why you had sent it to the
list, that probably would have made it OK - those who didn't want to read
things that didn't directly have a tie-in to Linux could have ignored it and
moved on.  I've never been fond of simply forwarding something to a list
without some explanation behind my actions.

In general, I'm not concerned about what makes it's way to this list, so
long as there is some tie to one of the following:

* Linux
* Open Source
* Nerdy kinda stuff relating to computers and/or some other item on this list
* UNIX (commercial kinda versions - Solaris, HP/UX etc....hopefully there's
  some link back to Linux and/or Open Source)
* Some other free/GNU/OS UNIX-like OS (*BSD, Mach, Hurd, etc)
* UNIX/UNIX-like appications and/or hardware (Star Office, Mozilla etc)
* Linux/OpenSource related jobs

I'm even willing to stretch the rules a little...I've never considered
myself a hard-ass by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope that clears things up for you, Paul...as well as for those who may be
new to this list as well.  I seem to remember there being a question
recently about what was acceptable for this list and what wasn't - I think
I've pretty much covered it...aside from policies relating to flame wars and
the like ;)

-Dustin

--
Founder & President