httpd?

Walter Coole wcoole at bcoole.com
Tue Dec 4 15:20:11 PST 2001

Can anyone tell me (without more detail than I can handle) how to configure httpd?

I was working on a cgi script and I wanted to test it out.  It seems as though I should be able

to run httpd and point netscape at my html file and try it out, but I keep getting "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /home/walter/cgi/cal.html on this server."  I've been using

linuxconf, but there are all these fields that I don't understand and are probably needed for a

real web server.

Thanks.

Walter Coole                            wcoole at bcoole.com
RONIN Engineering                       (707)763-1986
817 Riesling Rd.
Petaluma, CA 94954                      http://resumes.dice.com/wcoole