Mailing List Archive

Troy Engel tengel at sonic.net
Thu Dec 20 18:09:58 PST 2001

Dustin Mollo <dustin at sonic.net> wrote:

> I'd love to see suggestions.  I'm assuming we are talking about a web-based
> archive here.  I'd love to see one that had each month seperated into it's
> own page...had a thread view to the list (instead of just a date-ordered
> list)...and most importantly had a search engine.  Granted, the search
> doesn't need to be part of the software that maintains the archive, but I
> wouldn't want to put up an archive w/o the search engine.

Sympa is your friend -- it does everything you want, and much more.  Written in perl, easily installed alongside sendmail, if you have MHonArc installed then complete archives available including advanced searching (for real).  The web frontend is really nice, and it can keep the subscriber table(s) in a database (I've used postgres).  Requires FastCGI, though (not a biggie).  Includes the ability to mass import subscribers etc, like from a regular majordomo list.

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
I killed a process today, just to watch it die.