RCHS donation status

Troy Engel tengel at sonic.net
Fri Dec 21 09:43:18 PST 2001

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:24:10AM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> We get Internet access through SSU, so I doubt that anyone would have use
> for modems.  Ethernet cards sound good, though.  By any chance, would you
> have any MCA ethernet cards (for old IBM PS/2 systems)?  Any PCI or ISA

Nope, no old MCA stuff -- I routinely clean out the closet, like I did this last weekend, and get rid of everything.  It's kinda a yearly event. :)

> ethernet cards would also be valuable, of course.  Sound cards are also
> good; I don't know anyone at the school who has ever used a computer that
> couldn't make more noise than simple beeps.  Is the voodoo1 card PCI or AGP?

Voodoo1 is PCI, and I *also* have a Voodoo2 PCI.  Yeah, I'm a gamer. ;)  I bought a basic GeForce 2 card this time and am not bothering with voodoo anymore.  They're both yours if you can use them. (goes for anyone else -- the voodoo2 is prolly worth a few bucks).

> I can't afford even a $150 computer, but it sounds good enough that I might
> find someone who would be willing and able to buy it.
>
> I have three SCSI cards on hand: two Adaptec ISA cards, and one mysteroius
> VESA card.  Both ISA's appear to be 50-pin; would they work with your CD
> burners?  If so, I'm sure that I could find two people who would want them.

A fella (hi howard!) mailed last night saying he was interested in these two bundles, so I may have a 'buyer'.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll re-holler. :) Yes, they are 'standard' SCSI devices (ANSI rev 02) that use the 50pin connector found on any scsi card of recent-ish manufacture.

I live near Tam High in Mill Valley -- anyone who sees Lincoln wanna pick up a box of stuff and drop it by his place? I rarely venture northwards to SoCo these days.... (Lincoln -- I'll just stuff everything I have in the box, so you'll get more than I mentioned - power supply, mounting brackets, etc. I even have a full mid-tower case, ATX, that I'd love to get rid of).

Ho ho ho.
-santa-te

--
Troy Engel