New computer "Isildur" for RCHS

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 13:39:38 PST 2001

The computer with the nearly-discarded tower and Mike's motherboard is
operational!

Here's what it looks like:
Pentium I at 166MHz.
64MB RAM.
RAID array with 6GB capacity (3 harddisks of 2GB each).
Sound Blaster 16.
Basic (Trident?) video card with 1MB onboard memory.
Tulip 10/100 Ethernet card.
Unknown 14" monitor at 640x480, 256 colors.  Needs a better monitor.

Currently running Red Hat Linux 7.2, using KDE desktop.

Possibly will also include:
SCSI controller, not yet sure what to put on it (maybe a CD burner?)

I successfully moved all of the hardware onto a single power supply by using
four electrical splitters.  But I can't deliver the computer to anyone for
the next two weeks, due to winter break (which, for some strange reason,
started today).