what to do when you've been rooted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 22 11:56:57 PST 2001

begin E Frank Ball quotation:

> http can be used for anonymous gets.  No good solution for anonymous
> puts.

CGI uploads, e.g., using CGI.pm, as detailed in
http://www.tsden.org/ryutaroh/fileupload-e.shtml

> openssh is supposed to replace ssh1 and ssh2 with a better license
> setup, but sftp doesn't work for me with openssh....

When last I checked, only the CVS checkouts had sftp-server.

But there's very little client support for sftp, whereas there's scp
implementations on just about any OS.  (If memory serves, sftp is NOT
part of the secsh RFC draft, but rather an ssh.com "enhancement" that
Marcus F. reverse-engineered for OpenSSH.)

> ...and when I connect to an openssh server with ssh1 it won't export X
> like it should.

Then, you have a configuration issue, because X forwarding is supported.

--
Cheers,              "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us
Rick Moen            in trouble.  It's the things we know that ain't so."