finding cheap hardware for Linux?

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Fri Jan 5 15:20:49 PST 2001

} I've maybe mentioned this before -- a $399/$499 E-Machine does a great
} job.  Standard ATI video, SoundBlaster sound, a 6gig drive, and 32meg
} RAM (CD, floppy, etc.  as well).  Throw in your NIC of choice for $50
} and you have a good little box that's a great beater.  Don't expect it
} to be production quality, of course.  :)

I just looked at their web page.  All their machines are now using
shared video memory.  How does this work with Linux?

Otherwise $399 for a 600MHz Celeron, 32MB RAM (a little short), and 10
GB hard drive it a pretty nice deal.

   E Frank Ball                efball at efball.com