Deja Vu all over again

John F. Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 27 09:16:29 PST 2001

Although I could ping addresses outside my network, neither
Netscape nor Lynx could display a page.  So I am still
confused.

I took a look at /etc/modules.conf

alias parport_lowlever parport_pc
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x2a0 irq=10
~
~
~
~"modules.conf"4L, 109C"

Here is /sbin/lsmod:

Module                    Size    Used by
ide-cd                       23628`    0 (autoclean)
lockd                        31176      1 (autoclean)
sunrpc                       52964     1 (autoclean) [lockd]

ppp                            20236     0
(autoclean)[unused]
slhc                             4504    0(autoclean) [ppp]
ne                                 6732   1  (autoclean)
8390                              6072    0 (autoclean )
[ne]
agpgart                         18600 0 (unused)
usb-uhci                    19052 0 (unused
usbcore                      42088  1(usb-uhci)

I  tried /proc/interrupts: and got permission denied.

John