[NBLUG] Enough is enough

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Mon May 14 17:27:46 PDT 2001

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:09:40PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin Dustin Mollo quotation:
>
> > Can I just step in here and say "Shut the F*** up!"
>
> Go for it.  It would at least show refreshing forthrightness.
>
> But I'm tired of this idiotic "But that's just your opinion" crud, and
> related high-context social posturing.  Anyone expecting me to let it
> pass without scorn is likely to be disappointed.

When running a mailing list or other forum for discussion, I feel it's
generally best to keep a very light hand on the reins.  However, Rick seems
to consistently be the source of much heat and little light.  Others have
gotten involved in these fruitless discussions with him, but in our opinion
he always appears to be the instigator and the one who drags the argument as
far as it possibly can go.

So, in the interest of solving the problem as completely as possible, I've
set up "talk-digest at nblug.org" -- if you'd still like to be on the NBLUG
talk list, but feel that there's too much email traffic, you can subscribe
to that by sending a blank email to "talk-digest-subscribe at nblug.org";
you'll receive a digest every 30 messages, 48 hours or 64kbytes, whichever
happens first.  I've also added rick at linuxmafia.com to the list of email
addresses restricted from sending messages to the NBLUG talk mailing list.

Rick: If you wish to unsubscribe, simply send an empty message to
talk-unsubscribe at nblug.org and respond to the confirmation message.  If you
want to lurk, that's fine.
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell