3D Animation and Linux

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at email.com
Wed May 23 12:48:37 PDT 2001

Since the group seems to be talking about the movie 'Shrek', maybe this
question is on topic:
Does anyone know of an open-source 3D animation program for Linux that is
equal to (or better than) 3D Studio MAX?  It needs to be open source (so
Blender doesn't count) because if all goes according to plan, it will be
running on a Beowulf cluster.
What I'm hoping to do is cluster about 25 computers that are used as
workstations for 3D Desktop Animation so that they will be able to create
much more complex animation, and create it more rapidly than a single
computer could.
Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm probably going to switch e-mail servies in the near furute,
so if you see posts from a lincoln_peters at hotmail.com, that's me.