Has anyone run into this problem with Samba?

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 21:10:24 PDT 2001

I think I just figured it out.
I tried running `netstat -an` (Thanks to ME for suggesting that I do that)
and piping its output to a file, then found that there was a program
listening on the SMB ports on my vmnet1 network.  Turns out that it was the
version of Samba that shipped with VMWare.  I shut it down, and now the
regular Samba works fine.

At this point, the only problems I'm having seem to be originating from my
Windows NT worsktation (that figures).  If I find evidence to the contrary,
and I can't figure out how to fix it, I'll be back.