network admin TCO

Brian Lintz beejlintz at MauiMail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:29:44 PST 2001

Hi readers!
   What recent web sites can you people recommend that
has any explanation for the cost of operating a Linux
based network? Circa, two years ago I read an article
that the cost of administering a Linux or Unix based
network was cheaper (and easier) than administering a
Windows NT based network. Today I read an article
http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=23086
in which Intel vice president for information
technology, Doug Busch, stated that the overall cost
of Linux is almost identical to that for Windows 2000
when one factors in support and maintenance. So to what
sources can you readers direct my attention to verify
(or refute) this statement by Mr. Busch? Thanks.
   Sincerely Y.,
   Brian