Administering Windows boxes from Linux...

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 16:08:51 PST 2001

Yup. VNC is the ticket. Although the WinVNC server slows the connection
a bit, it's not too bad. Only problem I experienced so far is I lost
the use of the right shift key, so caps became a one handed affair.

--- Troy Engel <tengel at sonic.net> wrote:
> Kevin Jamieson <derf at sonic.net> wrote:
> >
> > I need to login to Windows boxes on a regular basis to restart
> crashed
> > processes.  I'm running vmware so I can run win2k so that I can run
> terminal
> > services, which seems ridiculous.
>
> VNC (WinVNC as server, vncviewer as client) is what I've been using
> for a coupla years, works pretty dang well.  Homepage is at
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ , RedHat 7.2 includes RPMS right
> on the install CD.
>
> -te
>
> --
> Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
> I killed a process today, just to watch it die.

=====
___shaving weekly with Occam's Razor___
Visit the Northern California Church of Freethought
at http://www.geocities.com/nccof ...Think for Yourself!