RPM spec file refs

tengel tengel at sonic.net
Fri Jan 25 13:40:37 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:31:17AM -0800, Mark Street wrote:
> Does anyone have any good web references for creating RPM spec files?

The best way to learn is to grab a bunch of .src.rpm packages from rpmfind.net, install them and read the SPEC files; search for "curl" and "netatalk" to grab two of mine that I update rather frequently (or just search on tengel at sonic.net), and I can help you with those.

Three places create RPM files which have people running them who create SPEC file that are the best to learn from: enigma.freshrpms.net (Matthias Saou), falsehope.com (Ryan Weaver, me, others), and rhcontrib.bero.org (Bero himself). (These are typically RedHat specific, check the Mandrake Cooker for MND stuff).

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207