More Dvorak

Brad Cox brad at linuxbofh.com
Thu Jan 31 10:52:31 PST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:57:16AM -0800, Warren Raquel wrote:
> I was curious as to who in this group uses Dvorak mappings regularly.

I have been using it for well over a year and a half now.  My wrists
and hands love me, and as long as I don't overexpose myself to qwerty,
I can type faster now than I could before.  I found a neat web page
(http://www.karelia.com/abcd/abcd.html) that I used to help me learn
Dvorak.

I managed to get the company I was working for to purchase me a fancy
ergonomic DvortyBoard (www.dvortyboards.com, about US$70).  It has a
little switch in the corner that switches between Dvorak and qwerty,
and has both letters on the keys (even for a and m).  I also have a
collection of keyboards with the keys ripped up and rearranged,
however the model I bought (from HSC, US$20) doesn't allow one to
moved the J and the F, as they attach to the keyboard differently.

Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

Brad Cox		brad at linuxbofh.com
Key fingerprint = E741 589E 4A43 DA89 C5AA  B9A3 7E44 18BB C16B F62D
Include me out.