linux gateway and router = redundant?

augie schwer at sonic.net
Fri Mar 15 18:37:05 PST 2002

well unfortunately for me the router came from an ebay auction, so no
returning for me.

the consensus on this topic seems to be, and i agree, that a linux gateway
ontop of the router would be a good thing on many levels, so while i won't be
going to compusa to pick up a switch; i will be going to computer recyclery
to look for a gateway candidate.

anyone have suggestions for minimum hardware requirements?

--augie