Inquiring Minds

Sue Bennett sbenn at cds1.net
Mon Nov 4 21:13:32 PST 2002

I am puzzled.  I have my machine set up as a dual bootable
machine with Windows and Linux.  Why did I have to boot up under
Windows in order for Linux to realize that daylight savings time
had ended?  The only thing I can think of is that since the
machine was initially set up under Windows, and therefore
Windows has the lower disk space that the system (hardware)
clock is controlled by Windows.  If Linux had been the initial
OS would Linux then control the system clock?

Sue