What's an Install Fest?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Nov 11 14:48:58 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:48:31PM -0800, Christopher Wagner wrote:

> As far as recompiling the kernel, recompiling the kernel in Redhat can be a
> little tricky, you must make sure that you get the kernel sources from
> Redhat.

Really?  I run RedHat and usually get my kernel sources from
mirror.nblug.org/kernel.org :-)

On my notebook i'm often finding the the need to apply various patches
that are against one of the "mainstream/official" kernel source
packages, and they generally won't apply cleanly against redhat sources.

The rest of your advice and suggestions are spot-on, so good in fact
that i'm not even going to trim them :)

-t