[kolstad@ace.DELOS.COM: Free System Administrator Newsletter from USENIX/SAGE]

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Tue Nov 12 17:52:32 PST 2002

This looked interesting, so I'm forwarding it along...

USENIX and USENIX/SAGE are both good organizations, too.

----- Forwarded message from Rob Kolstad <kolstad at ace.DELOS.COM> -----

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:41:17 -0700 (MST)
From: Rob Kolstad <kolstad at ace.DELOS.COM>
To: info at nblug.org
Subject: Free System Administrator Newsletter from USENIX/SAGE

I'm drumming up support for SAGE's new sysadmin newsletter.  If it
looks interesting for your user group, I hope you will share the info
below with your members so they can get a free subscription.

My goal?  To create a large force of system administrators who will
ultimately assist SAGE in its purpose in life: To forward the state
of professionalism for sysadmins of all types.

As in all things USENIX/SAGE, we never share e-mail addresses outside
the organization.

SAGE, the USENIX special technical group for system administrators,
has a free weekly email-based newsletter for sysadmins.  Twenty
editors cull web and paper news items down to the dozen or so of the
most relevant and interesting items every week.

This breezy e-mail newsletter is easy to read and contains not just
article summaries but also pithy commentary by some of the editors.
See a free sample by sending a blank email to the auto-responder at
<newssample at sage.org>.  (Privacy Policy for this address:  Your
address will be saved only long enough to verify that the reply was
sent to you and then will be erased.)

Subscribe via majordomo at sage.org by including 'subscribe sage-news'
in the body of an e-mail.  Unsubscribe just as easily.  Your e-mail
address will be used only by SAGE for sending newsletters and the rare
notification about these sorts of services.

						RK

ps: SAGE's new slashdot-like discussion-group-for-sysadmins at the
    SAGE website: http://sagewire.sage.org might also be of interest.
    The signal-to-noise ratio is outstanding; the participants have
    generally been extremely knowledgeable.

              * /\  Rob Kolstad               Executive Director, SAGE
       *   /\  /  \  kolstad at sage.org             FAX: +1 719-481-6551
        /\/  \/    \  +1 719-481-6542        15235 Roller Coaster Road
       /  \  /      \  http://www.sage.org  Colorado Springs, CO 80921

----- End forwarded message -----

Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^               IRC: Freiheit at freenode
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244