present efforts on my HP laptop

John Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 16 07:57:26 PST 2002

Christopher Wagner wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

>Other people covered most of the bases..  A few extra comments:
>
>I think there's pretty good docs for Grub at
>http://www.gnu.org/manual/grub/html_node/index.html it seems well
>organized...

Thanks for the information on grub.  I will check it out.

>As far as your networking issue, aside from checking DNS and your static
>routes; Is there some kind of access control list on the router?

Yes, the router is accessible from any computer connected to it when the
gateway address is entered in the browser.  Some 7 pages are listed, one
of which must contain an access control list.

What is an access control list?

>- Christopher Wagner
>chrisw at pacaids.com

John Kohler
The guy in the picture with the red fedora in the front row.