Zaurus feedback

minnigerode minniger at minnigerode.org
Mon Nov 25 14:41:32 PST 2002

I've had mine for about 6 months.  Paid about 350 for it.  Well
worth the money at that price.  Pretty rugged considering it's
all plastic. The flip up cover pops off if your not careful
but pops right back on again with no obvious wear. All in all the
hardware is solid.

The UI is not too polished.  But usable. If it wasn't
for the keyboard I would feel different. But the keyboard
more than makes up for any UI shortcomings. With the keyboard
the unit is about 100 time more useful than my palm v.

Be sure to get a CF 802.11 card with it.  You can sync it much faster
than with the USB cradle. Don't get the linksys CF card.  It works just
fine but blocks the stylus slot.  So you have to remember to get
the stylus out before putting in the card.

dave

--
minnigerode <minniger at minnigerode.org>