Red Hat 8.0 Box Set Freebie

Bryce Hardy brycehdy at sonic.net
Tue Oct 15 07:41:49 PDT 2002

Well I went to CompUSA and picked up the new RH 8.0 box just to try it out,
since the buzz about it was interesting. Without letting this devolve into a
SuSEr's snub of RH, suffice it to say I'm back in non-tampered KDE land now
with a new fresh-install of SuSE.

If anyone would like the box set, reply back to me with where to send it (or I
could bring it to the next meeting.) If no one expresses interest, I'll just
bring it next month and leave it on the table.

The box contains the entire Personal set, three install CDs, two source CDs, a
documentation CD, installation guide, stickers, registration cards, etc. And
since one of my problems was not being able to configure the modem, it hasn't
been registered yet.

BTW stay tuned, because when Amazon.com finally gets around to
super-saver-shipping my new SuSE 8.1 box to me I'll be giving the 8.0 box
away also.

--
Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA)
brycehdy at sonic.net